Phil founded Kinnerz Coaching to be an ethical business with cooperative values – a business that would work in the Cambridge community for the Cambridge community, bringing sport to as many people as possible.
Today, Kinnerz Coaching:
- Provides high-quality and affordable sports coaching, clubs and events, accessible to all.
- Works closely with local parent and community groups to provide more sports clubs, sessions and events for the Cambridge community.
- Rewards commitment by offering discounts to larger and single-parent families on lower incomes.
- Works with The Kite Trust to support the well-being of young LGBTQ+ people in Cambridge.
- Offers work experience to sports leaders from local schools and colleges, enabling their progression in coaching.
- Rewards coaches with hourly rates that complement their hard work, qualifications and experience.
Kinnerz Coaching aims to:
- Bring the community together through sport by providing safe, fun environments for both children and adults.
- Increase child participation in a wide range of sport and fitness activities.
- Ensure children enjoy being active and interacting through sport, improving their physical and mental well-being.
- Aid the progress and development of children through sports coaching.
- Develop links with and between local organisations, community groups and businesses in order to achieve more together.
- Provide funding for sports leaders who prove their ability to coach, helping them qualify as L1 coaches and further develop their skills.